Applicants that have been granted a holiday receive an invitation approximately two months before the commencement of the holiday. The invitation will be sent by mail or e-mail. We do not notify applicants about negative decisions.
Matters affecting the decision to grant a holiday
Previous holiday support.
- Those applying for the first time are given priority. We consider it important that as many people as possible in need of a social holiday are granted a holiday at least once.
- Holiday can be granted at most every three years and no more than three times in ten years.
- When granting holiday support, holiday supports granted by other holiday organizations are also taken into account.
The applicant’s economic situation.
- For example small income, large amounts of debt, medical expenses or accommodation costs.
- For example unemployment, lay-off, loneliness, family carer role, family problems or a difficult situation in life.
- For example disability, physical or mental illnesses.
The number of applicants.
- Due to the large number of applicants, we are only able to grant a holiday to some of the applicants.
MTLH makes the decisions to grant holidays in line with the policies of the Funding Centre for Social Welfare and Health Organisations STEA.
Enquiring about the decision
You can enquire about the status of your application by contacting our telephone service (9 a.m.–1 p.m. on weekdays) tel. +358 (0)10 2193 460 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We only provide information about the decision to the applicant themselves. We do not share any information about other applicants.