Apply for a supported vacation
MTLH organizes social holiday activities for different target groups. You can apply for a holiday if you live in Finland permanently and you would not otherwise have the opportunity to holiday. You can apply alone, with family or a friend.
The application period for holidays ends 3 months before the start of the holiday. We will send an invitation to those selected for the holiday about 2 months before the start of the holiday by paper mail or e-mail.
We do not report negative decisions. You can ask about the status of your application from our telephone service (weekdays from 9 am to 1 pm), tel. +358 10 2193 460 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you did not become selected for your holiday, we will offer possible cancellation points.
How to apply for a supported vacation:
- Apply online or fill out a paper application. You can also order a paper application and a holiday brochure from our telephone service.
- We grant vacations based on the information provided in the application. Justify your application well. Answer the question: why do you need a subsidized vacation? We do not process incomplete applications.
- The lead applicant must be an adult.
- All people living in the same household can apply with the same application. Income information for all people over the age of 18 must be provided with the application. If you live in different economies, you will need to fill in your own applications with reasons.
- If you are applying for a holiday with a friend or a partner living at a different address, both must complete their own application with reasons.
- If you are a relative caregiver and live in the same household, please complete a joint application. If you live in different economies, you will need to fill in your own applications with reasons.
- If you need personal assistance on holiday, please state this in the application. The costs of an assistant are determined by whether or not he or she is an assistant granted by the municipality. Read more about the assistant here.
- Applying for holiday support does not require membership in an organization or association, but if you are applying for special leave, the application must show that you belong to the target group. For example, if you are applying for a Rheumatism Association holiday, you must have a rheumatic disease.
- We process personal data in the manner required by the Personal Data Act (Section 4 of the Data Protection Act). We ask permission to process personal information in your vacation application.
- We recommend stating 3 holiday wishes. We receive many applications, but we are only able to offer leave to some applicants.
Matters affecting the decision to grant a holiday:
- Previous holiday support: applicants can be granted a supported holiday no more than every second year. Those applying for the first time are given priority.
- The applicant’s economic situation: e.g., small income, large amounts of debt, medical expenses or accommodation costs.
- Social grounds: unemployment, lay-off, loneliness, family carer role, family problems or a difficult situation in life.
- Health reasons: disability, physical or mental illnesses.
The customer’s own contribution for the holiday is EUR 100 / 5 days for adults and young people over 17 years of age. The customer is responsible for covering the travel expenses to the holiday destination. The holidays of customers under 17 years of age are free of charge.