Application periods expire 3 months prior to the holiday commencement. You may fill in the electronic application on our website or send us a filled-in paper copy of the application form. You can request a paper copy of the application form and a holiday brochure by contacting our telephone service.
How to fill in the holiday application?
- We grant holidays based on the information provided in the holiday application. Make sure to justify your need for a holiday in your application. In the application, explain why you need a supported holiday.
- It is recommended to list three holiday wishes.
- The main applicant must be an adult. It is not possible to fill in an application on behalf of a child.
- If you apply together with a friend, both of you must fill in an individual application. Large families (with more than 4 children) in particular are recommended to apply for the holidays organised in sports institutes. Pets are allowed at only some of the holiday destinations. A fee will be charged for pets. For more information, contact the holiday destination.
- You can apply for a Peer holiday even if you are not a member of any organisation. Membership of an organisation or association does not affect the holiday granting decision.
What if I need an assistant on holiday?
- If the applicant requires an assistant during their holidays, this should be mentioned in the holiday application.
- The fees of the assistant depend on whether they are an assistant granted by the municipality or a close relative of the applicant. If the applicant has employed a personal assistant, MTLH will cover the costs of the assistant’s holiday as well. If the assistant is the applicant’s relative, for example, both applicants must fill in their own application. If both applications are approved, both applicants must pay for their own contribution of EUR 125 per person.
- The applicant and their assistant pay for their travel expenses themselves.
- The assistant is responsible for providing assistance during the holiday.